Message to prospective employees from our Executive Director
I'm Dr. Cynthia Gee. The FSS team calls me Cynthia. We are excited you are applying for employment with our agency. Family Service Society has served the Southern Tier for more than 100 years! We hope you'll consider being a part of our journey.
I recently joined the FSS team in April 2021. The positive culture, support, and family-like atmosphere make FSS a great place to work. I have worked in the non-profit field for more than 15 years. I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor. I have my Doctorate of Psychology in Behavioral Health Leadership.
Before submitting your application, there are a few things you should know about our agency's culture and values:
1. We believe all of our services play a vital role in the physical and mental well-being and resiliency of the people and communities we serve.
2. Regardless of a client's personal situation or history, we believe everyone we interact with deserves respect, transparency, compassion, and support.
3. The work we do is challenging, there will be days where you feel completely drained and there will be days you will feel uplifted. It is important to note that in each of these days, regardless of what happened, you are making a difference in the lives of others.
4. We are truly invested in your well-being and growth. We are here to support you through difficult times and celebrate your achievements.
5. Teamwork is essential to making our services run smoothly.
6. Being open to feedback and creatively collaborating with others is always encouraged.
7. Regardless of how long anyone has worked at the agency, everyone contributes to our success equally.
If our agency's values align with yours, I encourage you to apply for one of our positions. It takes courage to put yourself out there for a new career opportunity. Be yourself and enjoy the journey. Best Regards,